All you have to do is fill out an application and talk to our Revenue Officer to get your license to do business here in Scottsboro.
Look below for a step by step guide to applying or Apply Online Here.
All business licenses expire on December 31st of each year, they must then be renewed before the end of January each year to avoid any penalties.
We have a full breakdown of how to fill out your application below. If you are still having trouble after reading our walkthrough get in touch with us and we will help you through the process. You can also come by City Hall during business hours for help or contact the Revenue Officer Shance Mcclemore at (256) 912-0508
2. Determine the type or scope of business(s) that you will/are performing in the City of Scottsboro. Then locate the NAICS Code for this type of business. You can find the NAICS Code listing here.
3. When you find your NAICS code you will notice a 1 or 2 digit number to the right of it, this is your fee schedule number. View the Fee Schedule here.
4. Use this fee schedule number to determine the amount you owe for your business license. Most businesses base this on their previous years Gross Receipts, if available.
5. In the case of a new business, the amount owed will be based on the CONTRACT AMOUNT or the PROJECTED REVENUE of the business for the current year.
6. Print the business owners name on the line provided and also date and sign by the owner or representative.
7. Bring your finished application to Scottsboro City Hall (Map our Location) during business hours (8 A.M.- 4:30 P.M.).
8. You can also mail in your application with a check for the amount owed to: 316 S Broad Street, Scottsboro, AL 35768