- Classified jobs are assigned to one of twenty-four ranges. Each range has thirteen steps. Employee performance is reviewed annually. If performance meets standards, the employee is eligible to move up one step in the range until he/she reaches the range maximum. Hourly rates for classified jobs currently extend from $7.79 to $28.27 per hour.
- All employees participate in direct deposit.
- Health & Dental Insurance - Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Alabama for Health and Guardian for dental- Employee coverage is paid by the City. Employee may elect coverage for dependents by paying the dependent premium.
- Retirement - The City of Scottsboro participates in The State of Alabama Retirement System. Both the City and the employee contribute a percent of his/her pay each pay period. Life insurance is included as part of the retirement program.
5 days paid vacation after one year of service
10 days paid vacation, 2 to less than 10 years of service
15 days paid vacation, 10 to less than 16 years of service
18 days paid vacation, 16 to less than 18 years of service
20 days paid vacation, 18 years of service or over
11 days paid annually for recognized holidays
- Sick Leave
A full-time employee accrues 4 hours per month up to 5 years of continuous service.
Thereafter, 8 hours per month can be accumulated not to exceed a cumulative total
of 190 days.
- Other Benefits
- Leaves of absence including: Family Medical Leave, Military Leave, Civil Leave, Bereavement Leave, and Emergency Leave
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and immediate family members
- Safety Incentive Program
- Social Security matched payment by employer
- Workers Compensation Coverage
- Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consistent work schedules
- Opportunity for advancement