Each tree is approximately 7-8 feet tall and will be placed in the ground by November 28th along with a sign noting sponsorship.
Eight (8) 9-10 feet trees will also be available.
Sponsor is responsible for:
- Decorating the tree
- Placing lights (must be solar or battery powered) on the tree.
- Removing any decorations sponsor wants to keep prior to January 2nd but not before December 28th.
- Bring a small step ladder to decorate.
Prizes will be given in these categories (giving you bragging rights):
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
- People’s Choice (votes will be placed at City Hall)
- Main Street Scottsboro award
- Media award (judged by local media outlets)
- In keeping with the theme, each tree must have a jingle bell of your choice somewhere on the tree.
- Recommend using 10-15 strands of lights for full coverage.
- Make sure all ornaments are weather proof and are securely attached to the tree. Zip ties, pipe cleaners, string or other ties are suggested. Don’t use water-soluble glue.
- Suggest either Scotch Guarding or laminating any fabric decorations.
- If flocking the tree, please protect the ground around the tree with drop cloth or newspaper.
- You will receive a map of the town square to help you locate your tree.
- Please check your tree regularly for tidying and maintenance.
- City is not responsible for decorations or lights; maintaining the sponsored tree; providing any electricity to trees; or removing, boxing, storing, or returning any items on the tree.
- Make sure everyone knows you have a tree on the Downtown Square!